Share | 

Essentials vs. IConomy

Go down 
AuthorMessage
65Wolf
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Essentials vs. IConomy   Fri Apr 29, 2011 9:03 am

As you probably know, we have been using the Essentials 2.1 mod which offers us a lot of the general commands, as well as the economy package. I am trying to decide if we should stick with this one, or look at IConomy. IConomy has a lot of apps that are built around it and compliment it. But I only used it for one server, early on. Do you know of any good servers that use IConomy that I could check out? Preferably one that is set up with stores selling and buying good to its membership. How do these shops work. Are they convenient?

I really like the commands available in Essentials. It offers a wide scope of commands already built in to the plugin. It even has the Group Manager (permissions) already built in, too! Saves having to deal with several different mods, as well as duplication of commands through various mods. And there is less chance of having conflicts between plugins.

I also like the infinite shop feature of Essentials, using signs to buy, sell, and trade. I know for IConomy, there are chest shops. But they dont' sound as good. But then, I haven't seen them in action. I think there are a few other options as well, for IConomy. I just don't know what there is for player-to-player buying/selling (trading) however. In Essentials, we can trade using signs, and we do not have to be online to do it. What else have you seen out there?

Bottom line is this... I'm looking for feedback on what we have now, versus what you have seen on other servers. I have only been on three servers thus far. (Yeah, I need to get out there more!) If you know of any decent servers that I should check out, please let me know. Especially if they use IConomy!!

Thanks!!

- 65Wolf
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
Bryran

PostSubject: ESSENTIALS ALL THE WAY!   Mon May 02, 2011 7:53 pm

Ok Essentials is definitely the best mod out there for server starting, it has sooooo many features that Iconomy just can't keep up with. Also, if you switch, think of all the work you have to do with group manager and setting the permissions that aren't necessary. So, STICK WITH ESSENTIALS!!!
Back to top Go down
65Wolf
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Essentials vs. IConomy   Tue May 03, 2011 8:15 am

Oh trust me, I have been thinking about the work! LOL

I do agree, I like all that Essentials offers us! Just wanting to explore all options to make sure we get the best of what we want!!

- 65Wolf
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Essentials vs. IConomy   

Back to top Go down

Essentials vs. IConomy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WolfCraft Gaming Network :: Minecraft :: WolfCraft General Discussion-
Jump to: