HomePortalGalleryFAQSearchRegisterLog in

Our forums have moved! Our new forums are at: www.wolfcraftgaming.com

Share | 

About The VIP Lineup

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Bryran

PostSubject: About The VIP Lineup   Fri Apr 29, 2011 6:19 am

Ok, say someone is VIP, can they go somewhere that moderators can't? Basically I'm asking is VIP lower than mod so that mod can do everything VIP can do plus more? And if that is the case you should make a VIP Moderator who can get to VIP areas, because i don't think normal mods should not be able to get there, if they are already mods and donate or they donate and become mods, so VIP is like always around no matter what.
Back to top Go down
65Wolf
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About The VIP Lineup   Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:28 am

I like your thinking Bryran! At this point, the mods are in-house, so to speak. But as we grow, and need to look at recruiting some additional mods to help us out, this would certainly be something we can look at more seriously. I don't think we are ready to do this right away, but in time, I could see something like this happening.

The membership hierarchy currently goes as follows:

- default (no build rights)
- Builder
- VIP
- Moderator (Dragoon11024)
- Semi Administrator (Ennder1254)
- Administrator (65Wolf)

Ultimately, Dragoon will be promoted. But I am using the top three spots right now for a lot of my testing. (And I have Jonnyboy's Builder account to help me ensure things are working at the Builder level also, that is, if one of you guys aren't around to help me test things!

With that in mind, I can see something like this happening. As new mods are recruited, maybe there should be a benefit for VIP's, maybe not all, but certain levels, to have access to non-Moderated areas. Admins would still have to have access, of course. But then your idea of a new VIP mod could eb implemented.

The VIP's could maybe have access to private towns where regular members are not allowed, which would include their own private Stargate networks. Maybe access to some different kits, and so forth.

Could there be some advantages to setting up a few different VIP levels too? I don't know. I mean, should there maybe be some additional benefits for a person that donated say $20 towards the server, that a person who donated say $5 would not get. They should both have some VIP benefits, but... where to draw the line on something like that.

If anybody has any thoughts on this, please feel free to share your ideas. I do like this idea, but if we implement something like this down the road, we'd have to come up with a firm plan for the benefits and let everyone know what those benefits are!

I remember on a previously used server many of us used to frequent (I won't say which one), the admins just offered kits. Kit A for this level, Kit B for that level, etc. Thats all fine, but items go away. If we do this, I want to give back something more. The VIP only areas really strike me at part of a good start to offering more to the membership. Its something that could be built up and made better with time!

Lets toss this around a while and see what we can all come up with!! Thanks for the idea Bryran!

- 65Wolf
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
Bryran

PostSubject: Going further into it   Mon May 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Ok so here goes, VIP can have a special In-Game Kit like he types in /kit vip and he gets something like fire so he can make chainmail armor. As you donate more you have more access to In-Game Kits, but you cannot abuse them. So like
$5 - Special access and a kit with fire to make chainmail
$10 - Same as above and another kit with 5 of each color wool in it
So on and so forth.
Back to top Go down
jonnyboy135

PostSubject: Vip Suggestions   Sun May 08, 2011 7:44 pm

You could have like vip mod for commands but not all of them like u could do give commands and building commands
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About The VIP Lineup   

Back to top Go down

About The VIP Lineup
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WolfCraft Gaming Network :: Minecraft :: WolfCraft General Discussion-
Jump to: