WolfCraft Gaming Network
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mc.wolfcraftgaming.com

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Our forums have moved! Our new forums are at: www.wolfcraftgaming.com

Considering Change with 1.9

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
65Wolf
Admin
Admin
65Wolf

Considering Change with 1.9 Empty
PostSubject: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 9:29 am

Hey there. I'm thinking about starting fresh with the 1.9 rollout. Since the activity online has been so slow this fall, it might be time to restart fresh, from the ground up. We would probably look at going back to a single SMP world, as the Freebuild world isn't really being used anymore. And as for the PVP world, besides the fact that we have a lot of work to do on that, we don't have enough people active to really make it worthwhile at this time. I would certainly consider these again down the road if things were to pick up!

I am open to suggestions, and feedback on this. I am thinking keeping things really simple, like keeping things close to an actual vanilla server. I don't know that I'd do the minecraft vanilla server, as I still really like the craftbukkit servers. And I would probably just look at some simple protection like either LWC or Lockette (the latter being my first choice).

We hate to give up on the server, now that we have the equipment in place. And I am still looking to see what other game options there are that could be implemented on the server. Unfortunately, Terrarria is a Windows based server. I would love to add that to our network. There is also a Flight Simulator I've been looking into that could be interesting. But that would have to be down the road, as its more intensive, and would take a while to set up.

Lastly, is anyone familiar with the Forums server from MyBB? I would like to learn more about that and look at the possibility of moving our Forums to our own server.

Anyway... this is were we are at right now. I don't want to take the server down, because I enjoy it too... when I get time to be on, that is. But we need to work together if we want to get it back up and running! Most of all, we need people who want to come here to have fun!!
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
mrhooper501

PostSubject: Re: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 6:05 pm

Can you please make the old worlds available for download? I and many others have done a lot of work in the original worlds and would hate to see them disappear.
Thanks,
-mrhooper501
Back to top Go down
Lucifer

Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 2:56 pm

I personally don't mine starting fresh. Also activity is down, and it doesnt motivate me to get on anymore then anyone else that doesnt like inactive servers.

As for branching out, I don't branching into other games with members.

I have Steam, so i have over 30 games, I also play a few online games.

I personally like FPS, TPS. For ex. MW2, and SC2(Starcraft2) I also have Portal for steam 1 and 2, extremely fun to play. I haven't played co-op for Portal 2 yet.
Back to top Go down
65Wolf
Admin
Admin
65Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 4:55 pm

Lucifer... with activity down, I know exactly how you feel. Thats how I feel too! There are days I wonder why I spend so much time attempting to keep things up to date and trying to fix broken plugins, when there aren't many even around right now!

As far as the branching out, its not so much for the Minecraft people, as it is for getting out there for other people. Of course, spillover would be welcome! Kind of like the Combat Arms group that comes and goes. A few of them also play Minecraft; just as a few of the Minecraft players have joined us on CA also.

Lately, hardest thing for me has been trying to find time to keep up with everything, with work being so crazy lately! When I do get some time to myself, I don't always feel like sitting at the computer working on the servers.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.wolfcraftgaming.com
Lucifer

Lucifer

PostSubject: Re: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Well I think starting fresh is a great idea.

I do like the plugins we use, If you want a more vanilla server, only thing i ask for.

LWC, Bridges/Gates, Hidden Switches, Shop idc if its not Showcase and we go back to signs.

Personally if more people get on, then i will get more active as well. It's boring playing on a unlimited world with only yourself.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering Change with 1.9   Considering Change with 1.9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Considering Change with 1.9
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
WolfCraft Gaming Network :: Minecraft :: WolfCraft General Discussion-
Jump to: